Exalted Rulers Message
by Kurt BialousJune is here, Summer here we come! We had a great Mother's Day breakfast and ceremony. Congratulations to Heidi Groszmann as this year's Mother of the Year! Thanks to our officers who participated in the ceremony. As I write this, many of us are packing to travel to Anaheim for the CHEA State Convention. There is always new information, relationship building, and talking with our district and state leaders during this time. I have been to several Cook Your Own Steak (CYOS) nights. These are very well attended by our members and usually exceed 250 participants. Please have your "patient hat" on for these nights. Things can get a bit backed up at the bar and the BBQ. From what I saw, the bartenders and cooks did a great job serving and accommodating us! Plus, our members were polite and friendly. Good job! Memorial Day was in May to recognize and respect those who died serving our Country. Flag Day is June 14 to commemorate the adoption of the flag of the United States. "As this emblem is first in our hearts as loyal Americans, so it is close to our Altar as loyal Elks". Remember to fly your flag! And, June 19th is Father's Day, so bring your dad to enjoy breakfast at the Lodge. Happy Father's Day to all our Elk's dads.
Flag Day - June 14th
Be Proud of Our Flag1. Which US president set aside a special day for honoring the flag? Franklin Roosevelt, Lyndon Johnson, Abraham Lincoln, or Woodrow Wilson?
2. True or False? - Flag Day is considered a federal holiday.
3. Which state became the first to honor Flag Day as a state holiday? Washington, Pennsylvania, New York or Arizona?
4. In what year did the first Flag Day parade take place? 1920, 1909, 1937, or 1914?
5. Who first began promoting the idea of setting aside a day to honor the United States national flag: A banker, a governor, a school teacher, or a WWll veteran?
6. In 1890, what group proposed a nationwide display of the flag on June 14th: The Daughters of the American Revolution, the Girl Scouts, the Boy Scouts, or the Sons of the American Revolution?
7. True or False? - George Washington once thrashed a man because he thought he saw the man use the flag as a handkerchief.
8. What year did the United States flag add its fiftieth star? 1960, 1959, 1957 or 1961
9. How many red stripes are there and how many white?
10. What days are specified in the Herd Talk to Fly the Flag in June?
---------------ANSWERS on News Page--------------------
RV'ers Click Here
- Loyal Knight's Corner
- Installed Past Exalted Rulers
- Your New Officers for 2016-2017
- Flag Day Answers
- Lodge Secretary's Corner...
- Leading Knights' Corner
- Redwood Roamers
- Trustees Corner
- Veteran's Corner
- Fireworks Booth at the Lodge
Activities and Announcements: